The Georgia Interscholastic Cycling League is committed to providing the same high-quality experience for student-athletes and coaches as the League expands while keeping costs affordable.
- Students who are not sure if they will race or do not want to race may pay only the League Registration fee. If those riders choose to race, they may pay the Race Series Fee up until the two deadlines listed below.
- League Registration: September 2nd
- Race Series Registration: to register for all 5 races in the series- September 6th at midnight.
Those wanting to wait until after race #1 have until September 20th at midnight to register for the remaining 4 races. No race registration will be available after Sept. 20th.
Custom Race Plates: Register for the race package by August 2nd before midnight EDT to get your first and last name printed on your race plate! This applies for students and coaches. Coaches must be fully compliant with no red exclamation marks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it cost?
- Student League Registration Fee: $175
- Student Race Series Fee:
- Middle School: $125
- High School: $150
What does the League Registration Fee Cover?
- All League-sanctioned events, including pre-season activities, practices, league hosted workshops and insurance for all those events.
- These fees must be paid before attending season practices.
What Does the Race Series Fee Cover?
- All five races in the 2020 season (and weather make-up races when possible).
What if I Can’t Attend All Races?
- The Race Series Fee includes all the races and cannot be broken up based on race attendance (no pro-rating for missed races). It is non-refundable: exceptions will be made for season-ending injuries.
What if I Can’t Afford to Pay these Fees?
- Students can apply for need-based financial aid. The application can be found on our website and will open April 1st.
- Payment options will be available via PayPal.
Additional Information About Payment Options
For those wanting a payment plan, PayPal Credit offers 0% interest for most customers. PayPal Credit pays directly to the League in full upon first payment, and you have 6 months to pay the full amount with no interest. This can be done for the League Registration and Race Series fees altogether or separately. Please contact Lisa@georgiamtb.org for more information on payment options.
ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT FINANCIAL AID:
Financial aid will be offered for both League registration fee and race series fees. The application can be found here. We will begin reviewing applications on April 1st.
FOR RIDERS & PARENTS:
When registering for the 2020 season, “Current Grade” is the grade your student will be in during the fall of 2020.
Existing/Returning Riders: Existing and Returning riders may be prompted to set up a parent or guardian login if this has not already been completed. It is not required if registration is already completed for the season. However, if the family would like to establish a family dashboard, returning riders will need to go through the steps to set up their parent or guardian login. For a complete walkthrough of the how a returning rider establishes their family dashboard watch this short video.
New Riders: Please request an invitation from your head coach, then follow the steps to complete the registration process. All rider registration now is associated with a parent or guardian email.
All Riders: All riders must be practice ready “yes” in the pit zone before taking part in any pre-season activities.
New Coaches: Please communicate with your head coach to register. You will upload all coach licensing documentation directly online in the Pit Zone.
New Teams: Please email Lisa@georgiamtb.org about starting a new team or becoming a “team director.” In order to to start a new team the head coach must attend a leaders summit first.
For further information regarding registration, please contact Lisa@georgiamtb.org
The Georgia League and values its participants’ privacy. Parents or legal guardians must complete the registration of students and sign waivers. Your personal information is not shared with any third parties. During the registration process, you can choose to opt-in and share your information with Dirt Rag, IMBA and League Life Magazine. By registering with the Georgia League, you agree to receive internal correspondence.
Rider Registration Questions
Q: How do I register through the Pit Zone?
- Your coach sends an email invitation from the PitZone. Once you have clicked on the invitation link, follow the registration process, filling in all information and pay the League fees.
Q: How do I know if I am “Practice Ready” and what does Practice Ready mean?
- Practice Ready means you have: 1-Completed your registration information in the Pit Zone, and 2-Paid your League Membership Fees. You will also see under your “Rider Information” on the left hand side a note: Practice Ready: YES.
Q: I can’t remember my email/username to login?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify the email you used to create your login. If you forgot your password, click on the forgot password link.
Q: I entered incorrect information (e.g. birthdate, medical information), how do I change this?
Petition to change category: A petition must be submitted if a rider would like to race in any category that is different than the one they are placed in at the beginning of the season. Petitions must be completed by the head coach or team director and can be found in the coaches resources.
Q: My school or area does not have a team, how do I register?
- If your school or area does not have a team (i.e. there are no high school teams or composite teams nearby that you can race with) you can race as an Independent Rider. Contact Lisa@georgiamtb.org to register as an Independent.
Coaches Registration Questions
Q: Can past student athletes be coaches?
- Yes! League alumni are encouraged to become coaches. Being 18 years or older is a requirement to coach.
Q: Why do I have a Red Exclamation mark next to my name?
- The Red Exclamation mark indicates that a coach is missing one of the requirements to confirm their coach license. If you hover over the Red Exclamation mark, it will list what items are missing. Any other coach license questions, please email Lisa@georgiamtb.org.
Q: How do I delete riders that will no longer be racing on our team?
- As a coach, you do not have the ability to delete riders but you can mark them “inactive”. Click on the rider under your team, and click in the upper right hand corner “deactivate rider.” We recommend deactivating riders that are no longer participating on the team.
Q: I invited a rider to the Pit Zone, but they can’t find their invitation link?
- Go into your team page, and find the rider’s email. If it is still in e-mail address form the rider has not clicked on the invitation link. Once you click on the rider, you will see the unique invitation link they need to click on to register in the orange box. Click the blue “edit and re-send the invitation link.” Then click Re-send Rider Invitation. If the link is not there, that means they have already started the registration process. Have them login to the Pit Zone using the email address you invited them to the Pit Zone with. If they forgot their password, there is a forgot password link.
Team Registration Questions
Q: How much does it cost to register a team?
- Division 1 Teams- High School teams with (12+ members)
- Compliant Discount: $125, Non-Compliant: $250
- Division 2 Teams Composite Teams with (11 or fewer members)
- Compliant Discount: $125, Non-Compliant: $250
- Compliant teams are teams that have 1 coach from a team that attends the annual 2 day Leaders Summit each year.
- Registration Deadline: All teams must be registered by July 15th.
Q: How do I register a team?
- The League Programs Director sends an email invite to the head coach (or Team Director). The head coach (or Team Director) must complete registration and payment before the application for insurance can be processed (this process is automatic once registration and payment are received). When a certificate of insurance has been issued, the team is clear to begin team practice.
Q: How do I know if a team is ready to practice (i.e. is fully insured)?
- After the team has paid their fees in the pit zone, the league is notified and the insurance is processed. The head coach or team director will be emailed a Certificate of Insurance within a couple days after fees are paid. All teams should be registered prior to holding any pre-season activities.
Q: What is a “Team Director” role in the Pit Zone?
- “Team Director” role is an administrative access permission for the team in the pit zone. Nothing more. This person must complete a background check and have a Level 1 NICA Coach License, even if they are NOT riding with students.
Assigning this role for the team must be done by the League, please contact Lisa@georgiamtb.org
Q: How do I come up with a Team Name, and why is this important?
- It is important that team names follow the team name guidelines: Use your official school name completely written out (do not abbreviate), for example write out “Mill Creek High-school.” Do not use words such as “Club, Team, MTB, or Racing.” Composite teams should use their local name plus the word “Composite,” for example “Athens Area Composite.” These names show up in team result pages. You can make changes to your team name under team properties when you login to the Pit Zone as a Team Director.